Better start on this before 4 months happens in two days.
I put some basics on the picture, I should have added some more nicknames, but they wouldn’t fit. Like Professor Fussy Pants, sometimes Sergeant Fussy Pants, if he is being particularly fussy.
So, things have changed a lot in a month (or two since I’m so late). I’ve figured out how badly he needs naps and how hard he will resist them. Naps and schedules are critical to preventing his hysterical crying for hours on end. Although I’m dreading the 4 month sleep regression, as I’m rather enjoying the sleep I’m getting right now. He will usually sleep from around 9 until 5-7am, depending on how he feels. But I know that can change at the drop of a…binky.
Hours of screaming per day: 2-4 depending on naps. Usually fussy at night mainly.
Food: Breastmilk, Cow and gate formula top ups around 3-5 times a day, depending on his hunger.
- Baba (his binky rabbit)
- His binky
- Standing up
- Being naked
- The jumperoo
- Gerry the Giraffe
- The toy drums
- Mouthing everything
- His bottle
- Loud sounds
- Eating his hands
- Cloth nappies
- Being warm
- Incy Wincy Spider
- Baby TV (allowed only on special occasions)
- His bath book (especially Shrimpy Shrimpasson)
- Mummy singing (yes, even though I can’t sing)
- Daddy blowing raspberries
- White noise
- Trying to eat my food
- Being hungry – even for a minute
- Waiting for food
- Feeling tired
- Daddy going to work or college
- Getting out the bath
- Getting his nails clipped
- Mummy eating and not giving him some
- Being wet
Meds/Illness: Has had one cold, still has bad reflux
- Sitting unaided for around 10-20 seconds
- Standing holding onto footstool for up to 10 minutes
- Small giggles
- Reaching for things
- Putting things in his mouth
- Coos as if having a conversation with his baba
- “talks” when angry
- Rolling over more regularly front to back
- Squealing in happiness
- Squealing in annoyance
- Loves to stare at his hands and explore
- Brings hands together
- Turns towards loud noises and new voices
- Tries to crawl by pressing his feet against something hard and pushing forward
- Holds his binky in his mouth and can put it in sometimes
- Puts spoon and puts it in his mouth to try and feed himself
- Sometimes imitates waving
- Drinks from my water bottle if allowed (just for tiny sips)
Still pushes out his lower lip when upset
Squeals at me if he wants me to do something
Tries to avoid napping by chattering away and smiling at me
Can both smile and get upset at the same time.
Will play with hands for quite a long time.
Hair sticks up
Will wake up if I crack an egg in a different room, but sleep through loud noises.
Words To Describe Him: